Joe Tamburino has practiced exclusively in criminal law for over 23 years. He has personally tried over 85 jury trials, including over a dozen for homicide. Within the last two years he’s tried three first degree murder cases.
Joe graduated from New York University in 1986 and the University of Minnesota Law School in 1989. He began his career in the Anoka County Attorney’s Office. Joe was an attorney with the Public Defender Offices in both Anoka and Hennepin Counties. In 1997, he joined Caplan Law Firm. Joe is licensed in Minnesota & Wisconsin State Courts and Federal Courts in MN, WI and ND.
He is a frequent presenter at Continuing Legal Education seminars (both in person and via webcast). Joe is also frequent speaker for local media outlets including WCCO TV & Radio; KSMP/Fox 9 News, KSTP News; MN Public Radio; Star Tribune and the Pioneer Press. Joe has discussed numerous issues in the media including: drinking & driving; alcohol-related accidents; homicides; criminal sexual conduct; campaign finance; international matters and first amendment (free speech) cases.
Joe is pleased to announce that the firm named changed to Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm as of January 1, 2011.
- Legal Education Instructor: Minnesota Criminal Justice Institute
- All District Legal Education
- Minnesota Public Defender’s Association
- Office of the State Public Defender
- Frequent lecturer at area high schools
- St. Paul Community Council Member, 1996 to 1998
Awards and Accomplishments:
- Minnesota “Super Lawyer” Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine and Minnesota Law & Politics, 2000-2011
- Minnesota “Rising Star,” Minnesota Law & Politics, 1998
- National Moot Court Competition, New York, 1989